Okay. Real talk. I love clothes. Like, a lot. So much so that I write about them pretty much every week. But women’s clothing can be majorly inconvenient. It’s often tight, does weird shifty things, and don’t even get me started on the tiny pockets (or lack thereof).
I know that if you identify as female, these problems are probably not news to you. There’s a reason that a room full of women will gasp in awe when you tell them your dress has pockets. It’s a real issue. (Seriously, guys who make fun of our big bags - it’s because there ARE NO POCKETS TO PUT THE STUFF IN).
But here’s my philosophy: if something’s not working, instead of whining about it, do something. That’s when I started wearing vests. It’s a good solution, really. They’re comfy, and they add new life to that shirt you’ve worn about a million times. If you buy the right one, you can transition it between seasons easily. And. They have pockets. If they don’t, you’re doing it wrong.
I got this one for Christmas from my favorite sister-in-law-to-be. It’s from Amazon and rings in at about $30. I really love the olive green because it goes with pretty much every other neutral: black, brown, navy, grey - you get the idea.
I’ve rounded up some of my other favorite options for you, all of which are under $50 and so, so cute. Check them out below!
1) Herringbone Vest ($30): I’m a sucker for herringbone. I think it automatically adds about 10 classy points to your wardrobe, and this one looks perfect for a cold day. Get it here.
2) Teddy Bear Vest ($44): Um. Can you say cozy? I don’t think any other commentary is necessary. Find it at Francesca’s.
3) Plaid vest ($16): Give me all the plaid. All of it. Get it from Younker’s here.
4) Woven vest ($27): Frankly, I’ve been obsessing over this one so much that I’m shocked I haven’t purchased it. I’m all for stylish ways to basically wear a blanket around all day. At under $30, the price is right. Target, ftw.
5) Biker vest ($47): This vest screams cool. You don’t mess with someone wearing this vest. This vest will make you invincible, and you can get it from Nordstrom.
6) Work vest ($21): You are a boss lady doing boss lady stuff. And you’ll look the part with this gem from Modcloth.
Which is your favorite? Let me know in the comments. Also, leave lots of compliments for Penny, the world’s most adorable golden retriever puppy who wanted to come say hi when we were taking photos.
Thanks to Josh for the photos (and for putting up with me while I played with Penny for a good ten minutes). Now go out and enjoy those pockets!